Urogynecology is a subspecialty within Obstetrics and Gynecology that focuses on disorders of the female pelvic floor such as pelvic organ prolapse (bulging out of the uterus and/or vagina), urinary incontinence, fecal incontinence and constipation. Some common disorders treated by a urogynecologist include:
- Incontinence : leaking or loss bladder control
- Prolapse : weakening of the pelvic muscles that causes the internal organs to drop down
- Emptying disorders : difficulty going to the bathroom
- Pelvic Discomfort : pain or burning in the pelvis
- Overactive bladder : urge to urinate frequently
Who should visit a urogynecologist? Women who experience disorders of the pelvic region should consult or be referred to a urogynecologist. Urogynaecology is a subspecialty, which means that doctors who are urogynecologist only see these specific disorders and may have more experience in treating them.
Anatomy condition and the primary function of women pelvic usually broken due to some reasons, such as : age, how many times a woman giving birth, injury, or ripped on the pelvic muscle which will effected to the function and the anatomical shape of the pelvis.
In Indonesia, you can find Urogynecologist in every University Hospital spread out around Indonesia. There also Urogynecologist in big hospital around Jakarta. These facilities were built to improving the quality of women’s life in Indonesia.